Friday, August 9, 2013

Before Sunrise (1995)


I decided to watch a movie today, and I usually don’t go for romance movies but I went for a romance film today. Being a girl I love romantic movies but I usually get my fill from dramas because then I am also guaranteed a good cry (and also better acting). It took me a while to find one that interested me because ‘chick flicks’ aren’t particularly my favorite. To be honest I didn’t really want to watch this movie but it was the best I could do within the time I had before I became completely uninterested in watching a movie, but I did it.


Jesse, an American meets the eyes of a French woman named Celine on his train ride to Vienna. They make quick conversation but immediately hit it off. When the train arrives to Jesse’s stop he makes Celine an offer no woman could resist; an entire night together before he takes a plane home at sunrise, of course Celine says yes.  The entire screenplay’s focus is on the deep conversations between the two, their surroundings are never a distraction; they slowly but surely fall in love. After constantly trying to convince themselves that this will be their only night together, when the sunrise comes they make a pact that they’ll come back 6 months from then to meet again. I guess what really did it for me was the ending, as he walks away and Celine gets back on the train you can tell one of them isn’t going to show up. There are no clues, no happy endings, it’s really what you make it and I prefer being unhappy lol. 8 out of 10 stars, if you’re up for a romance movie I’d recommend this one to you. 


Heres the reason why I wanted to see a movie that would make me swoon, this trailer apparently just came out and I want to see it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment