Saturday, January 19, 2013

But I'm Not A Rapper


First off, I know I haven't written much lately and it's because I don't have anything interesting to say. I was hoping on reviewing all the movies nominated for best picture but I've been a bit distracted. I was working on this poem for the past 3 days or so, and it's not that great or anything it's just a little something I would drop and pick back up. I hope you enjoy it! 
To be beautifully spoken is what I’ve desired most
Though sadly, I am no where close
Artistically talented, worldly all around
A musician capable of an admirable sound
Mysterious, alluring, charming and polite
Instead I am obnoxious, and pretentiously uptight
A girl worthy to be mentioned of, as in Sonnet 18
So interesting, that I would have some convened
For me the idea of this is not attainable
But, regardless of my lack in all things favorable
There are a few people who like me and all my spite
Which lets me know that I’m all right

An original poem by yours truly,
Marilyn Medina

1 comment: